How to migrate emails to G suite ?
Posted by Shyam M on 24 June 2017 05:49 PM
The article will explain the different steps you may take to migrate your email to G Suite. The basics of using Google's migration tool to migrate your email from a mail server using IMAP. While it shouldn't take that long to click through the steps detailed below, please be aware that the time needed to complete the actual data migration can vary. This will be dependent on the amount of data in the mailbox that is being migrated.
Let’s get you started:
1) Login to your Google App Admin Reference link: https://admin.google.com
2) To begin your migration, you will need to choose the type of server you are migrating from.
Migration Source: Other IMAP server and the IMAP protocol.
Connection Protocol: IMAP
Once you have updated the IMAP server name, then you will be asked to update the email account credentials. This is typically the email address and password for the account you are migrating from. This is required for testing the connection.
3) Next, we will choose the DATE. Please make sure you select the oldest date. The emails will be migrated from this date onwards. It is best to check the first email received in the inbox or ask the customer to remember the date when the first email was created for the domain name.
4) Upon successful connection, you will see the list of Google App users. Please select the user using the Yellow Icon.
5) Type the Source Email Address, Password and Select the email that you wish to migrate to.
Once the migration has started you will see the progress bar. Please note migration can take long hours depending on the inbox size.
Note: The migration will always be close to 100%. The email migration may fail if the mail size is too large or due to network connectivity. You can download the migration report to identifying the failed emails.