To reset your Database password on Linux cPanel just follow these super simple steps:
- Login to cPanel.
- Scroll down to the Database section.
- Click on ‘MySQl databases’.
- Scroll to the Database users table and click on the Database username.
- Fill in the new password, confirm it and click on Change password.
- Click on ‘Go back’.
That’s it You’ve successfully changed the password for your database username.
Note: In case you do not remember the older password, you could either :
- Ask your web developer to check for the older database password within your database connection file. OR
- Delete the current database username, create a new username and set password for it and then update your database connection file.