In order to get started, first you need to complete the domain verification. This will help you to enjoy features such as FTP scans and endorse a Security Seal.
Note: For domains registered with bigrock, you don’t need to go through the domain verification process.
Let’s get you started :
- Login to your account.
- Click on the product SiteLock next to your domain. Under SiteLock, Click on Admin Panel.
- Click on the check-list icon and proceed.
There are 3 easy ways to verify domain ownership, you may choose any one from below:
TrueShield Setup: It involves adding DNS records to use the CDN-content distribution system which helps in fetching the website components through a server situated at a closer location.
- On the next page, click on Option 1 >> SKIP TO TRUESHIELD.
- You need to click on step 2 to view the A record and the Cname record. You need to add these records to your domain DNS.
Sit tight for about 4-6 hours for DNS records to propagate and complete the verification process.
Adding meta tag:
- On the next page, click on Option 2 to view the meta tag.
- You may copy this meta tag and add it to your primary page of your website.
Uploading HTML file:
- On the next page, click on Option 3 to download the file on your computer.
- Upload this file onto your hosting panel(for Linux hosting >> public_html and for Windows hosting >> httpdocs).
Great!! You’ve completed the domain verification process to enjoy SiteLock features.